As much as we all love the "action sports" boxing ..MMA ..Etc. .. The most important fights of 2014 will be the "fight for votes" which will take place on November 4th, 2014.
Last week , I was able to attend the John O'Sullivan (Worth Township Democratic Committeeman) "Re-election Kickoff Fundraiser" at 115 Bourbon Street in Merrionette Park, Illinois. Far too many Democratic heavy hitters , judges ,Etc. to name here but believe me ,it was quite the event.
I have to admit I knew of Mr. Daley but did not really know the career background of William Michael "Bill" Daley. To bring you up to speed ;
- 7th and youngest child of the late Chicago mayor Richard J. Daley; and Eleanor "Sis" Daley;
- brother of former Illinois legislator John P. Daley and former Chicago mayor Richard M. Daley;
- graduated with a B.A. from Loyola and a J.D. from John Marshall Law School;
- U.S. Secretary of Commerce from 1997 to 2000 under President Clinton
- White House Chief of Staff from January 2011 to 2012
Mr. Daley has announced he is a candidate for the Illinois Governor in the statewide Democratic primary. At the present time,Tio Hardiman (former director of Ceasefire) and the incumbent Pat Quinn will also be in "the race for votes".
John O'Sullivan , Thank you for the invite ...I had a great time ...